Summer Yoga Day with Joy Laine
Join us online or in-person Sunday, July 9, when IYAUM observes Guru Purnima. It's a day to honor our Guruji, B.K.S. Iyengar, as well as Geeta, Prashant and Abhijata Iyengar, and all our esteemed yoga teachers. Joy Laine (CIYT III) will lead us in an asana class, followed by light refreshments.
Time & Location
Jul 09, 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM CDT
BKS Iyengar Yoga Center of Minneapolis, 2736 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408, USA
About the Event
Join us in celebration of Guru Purnima with teachings from Joy Laine (CIYT III) and a gathering after the class. Guru Purnima is celebrated on the full moon day of the Hindu calendar month Ashadha (July-Aug). This year it falls on July 3. We will gather on July 9 with the intent of giving sincere thanks from our hearts for the gifts of our Guru, B.K.S. Iyengar, and other gurus and spiritual teachers who lead us away from darkness and toward light. Register by Friday 7/7.
· Sunday, July 9, 12 pm – 2:30 pm
· 12-1:30 Sutra Study & Asana Class
· 1:30-2:30 Social Hour: Refreshments and Conversation
· In person at the BKS Iyengar Yoga Center, 2736 Lyndale Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
· Or Online on Zoom
· Joy Laine (CIYT level III)-- Joy has been certified as an Iyengar Yoga teacher since 1977 and is a retired member of the Macalester College philosophy department where she taught classes in mind, language and Indian philosophies.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? Students of all levels.
COST: Free for IYAUM Members, $15 for Non-Members
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: Friday July 7, at midnight CST. No last-minute registrations out of consideration to the volunteers and administrators of the event.
RECORDING will be available for 30 Days. Recordings will be sent out afterward.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
This admits one adult who is not a current IYAUM member to attend Yoga Day.
IYAUM Member Ticket
This admits one adult who is a current IYAUM member to attend Yoga Day.